Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Son and Afghanistan


Well most of you know that my son is in the National Guard and has been training to go to Afghanistan.  He has marching orders for July 9, 2010.  I am terrified for him.  I don´t quite know how to act right now.  I can´t really sleep well and I am scared for him beyond all belief.  He is my oldest son and the fear grows inside me as each day passes.  I never thought I would find myself in a battle of my patriotic feelings for my country, the US and the pride that he went into the service and my downright fear for him being sent to this war that I have long ago lost belief in.  I at first believed in this war, but long ago it lost meaning for me.  I understand that we had tragic events in 2001 and at that time it was the right thing to go after Bin Laden, but I am not sure what is right or wrong anymore now that it is nine years later and we are still there. 

I ask readers who have children there, or children who went or are just following along to please pray for him and his safe return. I know that prayer in numbers works.  I have placed some pictures of him here that are both military and non military so that you can see the child...er man...to me he is still just a kid even at almost 20...that you are praying for.  May our voices be heard...

2 comments:

Patty said...

My son spent a year in Iraq. My heart goes out to you, it will be a long year. I do believe in prayer, and will add him to my list.

LaGringaSPS said...

Thanks Patty, It sure is going to be a long year and very hard on my nails...I have not bitten my nails in years and here I am doing it almost like clockwork...my poor nails!