Thursday, August 27, 2009

It Is About Oil...(hanging my head now in shame)

I have for two months now tried to figure out why in the world the US was acting in this fashion.  Chavez I could understand because he is just a loud mouth, but my home country? WTH?

Well for years the Democrats have screamed about Bush and Iraq and oil...so little did I know they are cut from the same cloth...months back they announced they are against drilling in Alaska but want to encourage and expand exploration abroad...this came right after Russian experts discovered oil in Honduras.  Not just a little oil either, but a huge source of oil.

There is a tiny problem though, the Honduran constitution is standing in the way of the pulling that oil out of the water...by foreigners anyway.  Hondurans can use it for Honduras and the government can explore and refine it..but foreigners can´t have it, touch it, or anything to the like...it is enough btw to tell everyone in the world to take a hike.

How much is enough? 150,000 km2 off of the coasts of Tela and Moskitia.  There is another smaller reserve but not like the one in the Caribbean.  It belongs to Honduras and no one can touch it....it is estimated to be at least 3 billion tons of the stuff and it contains sulfer and is lighter in weight than other areas...so it is more valuable. Oh boy...not good for this little country when it comes to bullies like Chavez and the US...face it guys the US is a bully when it doesn´t get its way.

I wonder if Nader knows about this? I wonder if Sierra is paying attention? probably not, but they should be...because I am willing to bet that since their hero Zelaya got thrown out and they know that Micheletti nor Pepe and certainly not Santos are going to negotiate the petro articles...so they want Zelaya back even if he is a dictator...because he will give them the oil...

Tell everyone you know about this...do not let them get away with it. They are busy trying to make themselves look innocent and Hillary is as bad or worse than Bush was...she is dirty and she certainly isn´t going to admit it so you have to throw it in her face before she will back off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not new - La Prensa reported it earlier this month:

http://eng.laprensa.hn/Ediciones/2009/08/03/Noticias/Oil-Chavez-s-true-motivation

However, nobody yet knows how big the find may be. Norwegian firm PGS is due to complete the survey by the end of the year:

http://www.energycurrent.com/index.php?id=2&storyid=20208

Even then, it may or may not be cost-effective to extract the oil.

As Honduras has no oil industry as such, it would have to license the extraction to foreign companies and then tax them on the revenues.

LaGringaSPS said...

Oh I am sure they would have to license a foreign source but they can limit it to a company registered as a Honduran company..in other words like Esso or Texaco who are already accepted as Honduran companies even though they are foreign. Thank you for giving me the link though because I had missed it. Sometimes I don´t get every paper because I am in transportation and as such get called away frequently. Cost is probably not the issue..I suspect we have more than they are letting on. I knew last year they were exploring and the find was pretty top secret at first. Me being from Texas I can almost smell oil becaue my adoptive family are Hunts and as you know not only are they in oil but transportation. I commented once to my husband years ago about the soil in Tela and he dismissed me as crazy...now he doesn´t think so.
I had a fall out with my adoptive family when I married a Honduran but things I learned stayed with me.