Saturday, May 16, 2009

Giant Pichete


For those of you who do not know what a Pichete is it is a sort of lizard that predominately is in homes in this region. They can shock you when you first see them. The first time I saw a lizard inside my house I was ready to run for the hills. It was explained to me these animals are a blessing as they eat mosquitos and other bugs. Well I have one that likes to hide in a small space behind the cabinets, he started out tiny now this morning he got ticked when I flipped on the light switch to the kitchen and screeched at me...I think he was mad about the light. I was shocked at how big this thing that once had been the size of my pinky finger had gotten...I think I will need to relocate him, he looked scary.


Pichete is like the Geiko but they are white in color...or the ones in my house are anyway. I saw a baby yesterday. I don´t mind the babies but the big ones give me the willies. They supposedly were brought by the Japanese as a gift and have proliferated.

I posted a pic I found online of one since the ones here are too quick for me to get a good pic of them..but in English they are called House Geiko. So I wasn´t too wrong.

No comments: